Is It Okay To Orgasm If You Have A Porn Addiction?

tldr;

In general, you should not orgasm during your porn addiction recovery.

Orgasm in any form makes overcoming porn addiction significantly more difficult.

2019-05-12

You may be wondering:


"Is it okay to orgasm if you have a porn addiction?"


Whenever asking these kinds of questions, it can always help to come back to The Five Principles Of NeverFap.

And this particular question primarily relates to Struggle over none and how orgasming affects our ability to overcome porn addiction.

Personally speaking I do not think it’s okay to orgasm if you have a porn addiction and I’ve even taught myself not to orgasm during sex, so it’s a guiding principle I take quite seriously.

Essentially, the reason why I don’t orgasm is quite simple.


The act of orgasming messes with your emotions.


At the end of the day, I don’t particularly care about the philosophical, nor even the moral arguments behind watching porn, nor even abstaining from it.

Ultimately I’m a processes kind of guy, which means I care solely about the easiest and most efficient way to achieve something.

So with this in mind, orgasming simply makes it harder to overcome porn addiction, whether it’s to porn or not.

Whenever you orgasm you still experience that intense dopamine rush which more-or-less makes regulating your emotions impossible.

And as I state on this website, 5% of your time should be spent practicing Healthy Coping Mechanisms, while the other 95% of your time should be spent remaining calm and relaxed.


Certainly, it's incredibly difficult to remain calm and relaxed after an orgasm.


Especially if you’ve been abstaining for weeks on end, as well as avoiding any kind of stimulus.

It will hit you like a train, and your emotions will suffer big time.

It’s the same reason why you also shouldn’t binge eat carbs or take copious amounts of drugs on a daily basis.

It makes it incredibly difficult to regulate your emotions in regards to the dopamine response that ensues.

Orgasming, something which produces an excessive amount of dopamine - really is no different.

You can sell it however you want as something that’s inherently “natural” or “porn-free” and therefore okay.

However so was excessive war and smoking at one point in human history, so I don’t think these kinds of personal expectations based on the standards of society are valid.

At the end of the day, you’re going to have a much easier time overcoming your porn addiction by refraining from these behaviours in general.

What Struggle over none describes is that everything we do should make overcoming our porn addiction easier, not harder.

Furthermore, there’s no reason at all why you should ever need to orgasm, even during sex.

What NeverFap Deluxe is about instead, is developing control over your mind so that you have freedom over your life.

So you don’t feel as if you need to use porn, orgasm or masturbation as a form of release or self-expression.

You can simply be thriving and happy, just the way you are.

Share on:

Questions?

Head on down to our NeverFap Deluxe subreddit or Discord channel where myself and others can help you with your questions.

7 Day NeverFap Deluxe Kickstarter

Introduction - Day 0

The Trust - Day 1

The Awareness - Day 2

The Calmness - Day 3

The Meditation - Day 4

The Relapse - Day 5

The Consistency - Day 6

The Community - Day 7

Discover the basics of the NeverFap Deluxe Method with our 7 Day Kickstarter Guide!

Click here to learn more.